This easy vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas stuffing is choc-full of nutritious cabbage, kale, spinach, and mushrooms, and is versatile enough to be used for burgers, sausages, and a variety of other yummy dishes too!
Although I originally came up with this stuffing to go inside my stuffed seitan roast, I discovered that it makes great veggie burgers too. And sausages. And actually, it's really good, just pan-fried, and eaten on its own!
It's pretty versatile.
It's really easy to make too. Just prep the veggies, stir-fry with some garlic and olive oil, and add some breadcrumbs and seasoning.
Thanksgiving + Christmas Stuffing With Mushroom + Red Cabbage
- full of yummy veggies
Enjoy your vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Vegan Red Cabbage and Mushroom Stuffing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g leeks washed, trimmed, and roughly sliced
- 6 large cloves garlic smashed
- 250 g mushrooms finely sliced
- 200 g red cabbage chopped
- 100 g kale chopped
- 200 g fresh spinach chopped
- 35 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25 g fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp low-sodium vegetable bouillon powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high flame, add the leeks, and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes, until they have softened.
- Add the smashed garlic, and continue to stir-fry for another couple of minutes, until the raw smell has gone.
- Add the mushrooms, and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and add the red cabbage and kale. Mix well, and allow to cook until they've started to soften.
- Mix in the spinach, and allow to wilt.
- Add the breadcrumbs, parsley, bouillon powder, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Cook for another five minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Use as you would any other stuffing.
- Store in an airtight container in the 'fridge for up to a week.
- 1 cup = US cup = 240 ml
- 1 tbsp = US/UK = 15 ml
- 1 fl oz = US = 30 ml