These easy-peasy healthy baked kale chips are simplicity itself to make, contain only four ingredients, and take just 10 minutes to cook. Fab!
Y'know, I never thought I'd ever publish a recipe for kale chips; I've always thought of them as standing on the corner of Hippie and Woo... but what's a gal to do when she has a garden full of brassicas?
Honestly, I've had so much kale, broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi, (and a few kale-y things that I'm not even sure what they are), and a bit of a craving for snacks of late, so there was nothing for it... I had to make kale chips. There's no way I'm letting anything in my garden go to waste!
Making these kale chips couldn't be simpler; just wash the kale, discard the stems (our priest's piggies love them!), chuck into a bowl with a little sesame oil, some Korean red pepper flakes, and a little sea salt, mix everything together with your hands (you will smell delicious afterwards!), and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or so.
You don't even have to use kale - I use all kinds of brassica leaves, and they all work really well.
Easy-Peasy Healthy Baked Kale Chips
- packed with goodness (Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4% RDV)
- perfect for snacking
These are great on their own but they're also pretty darn fab when crumbled over the top of salads or a plain and simple pasta dish. And I promise that you really don't need to cross the Woobicon to enjoy them!
Have you ever had kale chips? What are your favourite hippie foods? Tell me in the comments!
Easy-Peasy, Healthy Oven Kale Chips
- Remove the stems from the kale, tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces, then wash thoroughly.
- Dry the kale, and place into a mixing bowl. Add the sesame oil, chilli flakes, and sea salt, and mix well with your hands, ensuring everything is well-coated.
- Spread the kale evenly in the baking tray, and bake in the centre of the oven for around 10 minutes, until crisp. Do check though, and if necessary, give them another couple of minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool in the tray before serving.
- These kale chips will keep at room temperature for a couple of days.
- 1 cup = US cup = 240 ml
- 1 tbsp = US/UK = 15 ml
- 1 fl oz = US = 30 ml
If you like kale chips, why not check out these other low-cal yums you're here?