When I was a child, my gran used to make me condensed milk sandwiches – all I can remember of them is that they were gooey and sweet, and that they always used to collapse, and I’d end up in a horrible, sticky mess! I really don’t remember being overly fond of them. But I loved spooning condensed milk straight out of the tin.
Guess what I love doing now?
Yep – coconut condensed milk is a thing of wonder… the wonder being that I can actually stop myself before the entire batch is gone!
Fortunately, it’s really easy to make, so if
accidental nomming culinary research happens, it’s no trouble to rustle up some more.
Vegan Condensed Milk
- easy to make
- rich and sweet
Whichever way you make this condensed milk, I’m pretty sure that you’ll love it. Enjoy!
What would you make with condensed milk? Tell me in the comments below!
- 150g (c.5¼ oz) coconut milk powder
- 150g (c.5¼ oz) coconut palm sugar
- 120ml (½ cup) warm water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Dash sea salt, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender jar, and blitz on high speed for 2-3 minutes, until you have thick, sweet, goopy, condensed milk.
- Use as you would dairy condensed milk.
- This will keep in the 'fridge for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight jar.
- 1 can (400ml / 1.7 cups) coconut milk
- 75g (2.6 oz) coconut palm sugar (or normal white granulated)
- Put the coconut milk and sugar into a heavy-based pan over a medium heat, and bring to the boil, whisking until the sugar has dissolved.
- As soon as the milk has reached boiling point, reduce the heat to its lowest setting.
- Simmer for an hour or so, stirring occasionally, until the milk has reduced by about half, and reached a thick consistency.
- Once it's reached your desired thickness, remove from the heat, and whisk once more.
- Pour into a sterilised glass jar, allow to cool a little, then put the lid on. Store in the 'fridge for up to a month.
Healthworks Coconut Milk Powder Organic
Z Natural Foods Coconut Milk Powder (Organic)
Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder
Essona Organics Organic Coconut Milk Powder
Olive Nation Coconut Milk Powder
Eternally Herbal Organic Coconut Milk Powder
While you’re here, why not check out some other sweet treats?
I’m linking up my vegan condensed milk recipes to these link parties, hosted at the following blogs – do click on the pics to find more amazing recipes!
Pin It: Two Ways To Make Vegan Condensed Milk
This post has been updated with an additional recipe, plus new photos and supplies list.